Translate

Entangled Earth by David Lea



Author : David Lea
Title : Entangled Earth 
Published : 01/06/2018
Pages : 108
Genre : Science Fiction
Publisher : Independently published 









     Physics isn’t easy. Rule number one should always be ‘Don’t Destroy The World’. Sometimes science doesn’t follow the rules. An experiment gone wrong means the Earth might only have days left before it is torn apart by an invisible parallel world. Physicist Mia Green must get home to England, from the ruins of a devastated Paris, to find her family and stop the experiment that’s ending the world. But that’s easier said than done when the entire world has become an invisible and unpredictable puzzle filled with unseen danger?

     I was approached by the author of this work who asked if I would be interested in spending some time with his first book. While science fiction is not my first choice in reading I'm always happy to step out of my comfort zone and try something new. I also like to try and support new authors, I think it takes a great deal to pour your thoughts and imagination into something not knowing what will happen after the hours you spend with it. 

     When a book is written well no matter the length it's characters will pull you into there world and make you invested in what happens to them. In Entangled Earth I was introduced to three such people. On the perilous journey back to England, they became this sort of odd couple family each with there own reasons for trying to stop the end of the world. They are well written and come off feeling very natural and engaging. The author has taken his time in showing how each of the problems they face has to be thought around and allows them to sometime only just getting by, by the skin of their teeth. Mia as the lead comes across well, as a mother desperately trying to get home to her kids all the while trying to stop the destruction all around her. She is determined and passionate and I think out of the three she is the one who gave me the biggest connection within the book.

     This is a very well put together book and the perils and danger our three go thought held my attention as I raced through the pages. Within the world the author gives us to me there doesn't seem to be a miss step. Rather than alien invasions of the thought of some desolate fascist future, we get a science exterminate gone awry, only a few steps away from things being hypothesized about in the world. But there is not only the tensions of our hero's fight to get home, to my surprise there where also some laughs along the way. In many ways, it reminded me of the t.v show fringe with this blending of genres and grand adventure, only with a definite British feel to the whole thing and a bit more gore. All in all, as a first-time author I think he has managed to pull off what he was hoping for. By the time I had got to the end I was feeling completely invested in them and the world they lived in. And as I read the final word I was left feeling a little broken by one final horrific act. 

     I would like to thank the author for allowing me the chance to try his book and give my honest and unbiased opinion. While it did not take me long to get through, it did give me an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours and is well worth your time. 

Comments

Popular Posts