Translate

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox, And The Horse by Charlie Mackesy



Author : Charlie Mackesy
Title : The Boy, The Mole, The Fox, And The Horse
Published : 2019
Publisher : Ebury Press
Pages : 128
Genre : Art / Philsophy







     Enter the world of Charlie's four unlikely friends, discover their story, and their most important life lessons. The conversations of the boy, the mole, the fox, and the horse have been shared thousands of times online, recreated in school art classes, hung on hospital walls, and turned into tattoos. In Charlie's first book, you will find his most-loved illustrations and some new ones too.

     This is a book that I have been meaning to read since I first saw it in book stores last year. And granted it has taken me a while to get my hands on a copy. Mostly my first post lockdown trip to a book store. But hey I got there eventually right and that what counts. 

     This is a book, unlike anything I have ever read before. Between its pages, I believe there is pure magic. There is something so soothing about gently tumbling your way through this book. To say you read it might not be entirely true, whilst there are written words here the pages are adorned by the most beautiful drawings and sketch to show if the authors leads and the adventure they go on. There is something so appealing about them be you a child or an adult. It maybe be a strange thing to say but I not only found comfort in them but they are cozy. the author has created a world that feels safe for all to venture into. A home for those having a bad day or for children struggling to find their place in the world. 

     I can't say there is a plot to this book as such, it is more of a life lesson a way in which to make us feel less alone in this great big world. Possibly with everything going on in the world at the moment, it has become more relevant than ever.  These are the words of someone much wiser than me and I think they were meant to soothe the soul. They feel like they were chosen carefully and with the greatest regards for those of us who came to be reading them.  This is a book that lets us know it is ok sometimes to need help and that friends can be the medicine we need to help heel at least some of the wounds that we have collected along the way. 

     This review is short because, for the most part, I'm not entirely sure how to describe it to you. There are wisdom and joy to be found. I hope like me you will find comfort here and see the beauty of our world condensed down into the tale of four unlikely friends. I suppose the book showed us what life can be like, we set out on an adventure, and along the way, we meet people unlike ourselves selves but before long we wonder how they were not part of our lives all along. And as Mole has come to teach us all if everything has gone sideways there will always be cake.

Comments

Popular Posts