Translate

The other Woman by Sadie Jones



Author : Sadie Jones
Title : The Other Woman
Published : 124/06/2018
Pages : 448
Genre : Mystery Fiction
Publisher : Pan







     When Emily meets Adam she knows he is the One. That together they can deal with anything that is thrown at them. But lurking in the shadows is another woman, Pammie. Emily chose Adam, but she didn’t choose his mother. There’s nothing a mother wouldn’t do for her son, and now Emily is about to find out just how far Pammie will go to get what she wants . . .

     For me, there is nothing quite like a great psychological thriller, the sort of book that creeps up into your mind and gives you an uncomfortable feeling. When I was recommended this at my local bookstore, it seemed like my sort of book. For many of us, we hope that when it comes time to pop the question and get married there family feels like our family. So what happens when this isn't the case, how can you plan to spend the rest of your life with someone when the family clearly wants you gone? When they will go to any length to get you gone. 

     When Emily decides to marry Adam she gets a lot more than she bargained for. This is a man who is very close to his mother, he would seem to do as she wishes and takes her word over anyone else's even that of his bride to be. I love the way you can see her manipulating the situation to push her own agenda. For Emily, it would seem that at every step this woman is trying to push a wedge between her and Adam. It is a great mark in an author when they can pull off a character you love to hate. It is a fine line to walk and if done badly can put you off a whole book, but thankfully here it is pulled off with expert timing. I could feel the anger and disbelief with Emily as she can’t seem to work out exactly what this woman has against her. Emily works well as our heroine she is the embodiment of every bride’s hopes and worst fears. You have to feel for her as she struggles her way towards an ever-approaching wedding date and the building stress. Together they form a group of characters that are easy to get lost in as they each battle to get what they want. 

     By the time I had finished this book I was completely captivated by these people. The author built on every step she took; you can feel her turning the screw with each revelation and twist. From the first page I eagerly devoured each of the next chapters trying to get to get my head around what was going on, it is one of those that you can’t wait to get to the end and find out what is truly going on. And what an ending it is, I have to say it took me by surprise and left me in disbelief. There is no higher mark in a book such as this than the author managing to lead you in completely the wrong direction only to have you snap back in the final revile. It is only then can we see all the piece fall into place.  The Author has done an amazing job in her writing first book, if I had not known any better I would have thought she had been at this for years. The style in which she writes feels effortless as she tells her dark and twisted tale. I am sure that when she realizes her next book I will jump on it at my first chance. 

     While at the moment there are a lot of new psychological thrillers out there, this one truly stood out for me. It combines great charters with a well thought out and plotted world. If you feel like you are drowning under all these new realize I would suggest you give this one a got might just surprise you in the best kind of way

Comments

Popular Posts